With less than 10 days left until the 2009 Senior PGA Championship, course preparations are well underway. A full-time crew of 50 people have been working to construct all the non-permanent onsite structures and preparing the course for all the expected spectators throughout Championship week (May 19-24).
Some of the non-permanent structures being built include:
- 1 mile of fencing
- 2 TV towers on holes 9 and 18
- 3 grandstands on holes 2, 9 and 18
- 25 hospitality, media and merchandise tents
- 1 main leaderboard (“The Monsterboard”), which is 56 feet wide and 30 feet tall
- 11 other leader and thruboards scattered throughout the course
- 200 portable restrooms and 2 VIP restroom trailers
To see the latest construction pictures, visit www.SeniorPGA2009.com.
This week, crews will assemble the main entrance, decorate the tent and clubhouse interiors, and begin moving in furniture. On Thursday and Friday, television crews from the Golf Channel and NBC will arrive to set up for their broadcasts of the events. For broadcast schedules, visit www.SeniorPGA2009.com.